Monday 19 September 2011

'Have I told you lately that I love you' day

Last Thursday we left our temporary home to (finally!!!) our 'home sweet home'. It all happened this way... we woke up very early in the morning, 4 a.m.. Well I'm not being accurate. Not all of us woke at that time. I feel that I hardly slept that night and got up earlier. Li, maybe feeling my restlessness woke, got up and kept me company while I showered. The luggage was there sitting in the living room and the taxi scheduled the day before was already waiting for us outside sooner than expected. We got all ready except for Lu who was sound asleep. While Pak Edu with Pak Budhi's help carried the luggage to the car, Li would go to and fro in excitement and I wrapped Lu, the sleeping beauty, and held him in my arms. We said our goodbyes and entered the taxi and off we went to Soekarno-Hatta Airport (Jakarta). While rolling the driver turned on is CD player and one after another it played covers of international songs. At that hour of the day all the roads and streets were quiet like I had never seen, the street lamps of the city lighting our way, we just felt like in a movie when there is no dialog only the background music getting louder. You know that scene when the movie is about to finish. There we were, going away after 3 and a half months of living in Komplek IPB, Bogor. Although I was eager for this moment I looked back and felt really happy for the experience we had that was made special for the hospitality of our hosts and neighbours of IPB. In our way across the city of Bogor we passed all known places to me. The only one busy place was the central market where all the street vendors chariots were parked to get prepared for the day ahead. I really enjoyed this ride, the doubt still is in the air if that joy was mainly because we're leaving. Lu slept all the way and just woke up in Jakarta arriving to the airport. So now I can imagine the question mark over your heads... moving houses, ok but why take the plane? That I will tell you next time. Now, inspired by one of the tracks, I remembered to tell you that I love you guys! Selemat malam everyone!

(Sweet dreams Du) 

No comments:

Post a Comment